On Super Bowl day there are only two food groups: dips and grilled things.
Back in 1967, when the Super Bowl began, America was surfing a wave of convenience foods that put a new and gross twist on your favorite Game Day buffet foods. Here are the key 1960s dishes for your Super Bowl buffet:
1. Mustard "Dip." (1960s Rule: All Dips Must Be Molded.)
2. Football Shaped "Dip."
3. Canned Grill Meats.
4. Burgers: Classic Superbowl Food!
5. Hot Dogs With Convenient, Hermetically-Sealed Sauce Sachet.
6. Reminder: Molded Dips.
7. 1960s Dips Suck if You're in Weight Watchers.
8. Potato Salad, Buffet Staple. Obviously Must Serve IN A MOLD.
9. Molded Canned Meat Covered in Dip. Combines All 1960s Party Food Trends.