14 Classic Oscar Looks Inspired by the Animal Kingdom
Björk wore that swan dress thirteen years ago, guys. THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. There wasn't even Twitter then. But it was all we could talk about. And it's inevitably included in any round-up of "Wacky Oscar Fashions" ever since. But what about the other Oscar fashions inspired by our friends the animals? Let's take a look...
1. Björk, 2001: The Swan.
Swans make a sound that is alarming to some and wonderful to others.
So does Björk.
2. Cher, 1986: The Golden Laced Bearded Polish Chicken.
The golden laced bearded Polish chicken is usually quite tame.
Cher is not.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow, 1999: The Flamingo.
Flamingoes eat mostly brine shrimp and blue-green algae.
Gwyneth has almost certainly eaten algae at some point in her life.
4. Zoe Saldana, 2010: The Violet-Backed Starling.
The violet-backed starling is strongly sexually dimorphic (meaning the males and females look quite different).
Zoe Saldana is strongly sexually attractive.
5. Faith Hill, 2002: The Lilac-Breasted Roller.
The lilac-breaster roller bird has 2-4 eggs at a time.
Faith Hill has three human children.
6. Angelina Jolie, 2000: The Panther.
Panthers are agile, stealthy predators.
Angelina Jolie totally stole Brad Pitt from Jennifer Aniston.
7. Juliette Binoche, 1997: The Grizzly Bear.
Grizzly bears are found only in North America.
Juliette Binoche is almost never found in North America.
8. Madonna, 1991: The Arctic Fox.
The arctic fox forms monogamous pairs.
Madonna has been married twice.
9. Hilary Swank, 2003: The Pink Fairy Armadillo.
10. Donna Summer, 1975: The Red Salamander.
Salamanders are cold-blooded.
Donna Summer sang "Hot Stuff."
11. Ava Gardner, 1960: The Silverfish.
Silverfish have an abdomen that tapers at the end.
Ava Gardner had quite the figure.
12. Anjelica Huston, 1975: The Bluefin Tuna.
The bluefin tuna may be found in the Atlantic or Mediterranean.
Anjelica Huston may be found in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
13. Nicole Kidman, 1997: The Yellow Chondro Python.
The yellow chondro python eats mostly small mammals.
Nicole Kidman used to be married to Tom Cruise.
14. Whoopi Goldberg, 1993: Donatello from TMNT.
Want more awesome stories like this?
Try our Daily Email and let us bring the fun to you!